This time of year really makes me think about what is important in life and what I am truly thankful for. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving family.
I received a call from my grandmother nearly two weeks ago telling me that she had booked a flight to come and visit us. This would be her first time seeing Matthew, so of course, I was delighted to have her stay with us. My mother had apparently been planning (along with my husband) for over three weeks to fly in and surprise me. She had been telling me that she wouldn't be back to see us until February, but I had my suspicions that she couldn't stay away from her grandson that long. Unfortunately, I ended up figuring out her surprise before we left for the airport to pick up my grandma. Apparently I am known for being very hard to surprise. Sorry mom! We had a great time, and Matthew absolutely adores his grandma and great grandma (he calls her G.G.). Matthew is so blessed to have not only two fabulous grandmas, but a wonderful great grandma too! I was so sad when I drove them both back to the airport yesterday afternoon. They stayed with us for nine days, but it's never long enough when they live so far away.
Matthew and I had the best early Christmas present! I really hate that people get so caught up with the material things this time of year and forget the real meaning of Christmas. This is a time for celebrating the birth of Jesus and spending time with your loved ones. I always get so stressed about what to buy everyone and panic when I see my credit card bill, but having my mom and G.G. here made me relax and enjoy the holiday. I have added some pictures from their visit. It is amazing to see four generations together. These are the beautiful moments that will live in my heart forever! I love you mom and grammy!! Thanks for everything!!
G.G. loved holding Matthew. She couldn't resist that sweet face!
Matthew just adores his G.G. I think the feeling is mutual!
Matthew's grandma made him this beautiful sweater. It even has frog buttons on it. She made him a beautiful blue sweater and hat when she was visiting. I have a very talented mother!! Where's my sweater?
Matthew was exhausted after entertaining his grandma and G.G. all day.



1 comment:
Awww! How sweet is this post!
I love grandma and G.G. as well. They are both such amazing women! What a wonderful Christmas present...Matthew is still such a doll. Thanks for always posting pictures so Ms. Maggie can see her boyfriend!
Love you guys,
Alie
Post a Comment