Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Aunt Janine & Uncle Rick Came To Visit!

We had such a great time this weekend. My aunt and uncle came to visit on Friday and stayed with us until this morning when they caught a quick flight back to Washington D.C. Aunt Janine and Robert got a day of snowboarding in on Saturday and we went to Concord, N.H. that evening for seafood. It was a rainy day yesterday, but when it finally stopped it warmed up and was foggy, so we decided to make a snowwoman-- yes, I meant to say snowwoman. My aunt and I decided that our snowman looked feminine. We named her Martha Sue-- she's a southern snowwoman. We bundled Matthew up and Uncle Rick took him for a stroll through our neighborhood. Matthew sat up in his stroller for the first time. I think he might like it better than sitting in his carrier in the stroller. He was very tired from being so cute all day, so he took a nap.

Matthew just stared at his Great Uncle Rick. He loves him. He also thought his Great Aunt Janine is pretty fun. He loves her too. He's been looking for them since they left this morning. That boy sure loves attention! Matthew is also saying ma-ma now. It's his first word, and I am pretty sure he's a momma's boy (yay!). I now have witnesses that have heard him say ma-ma. We also noticed when we were about to put Matthew to bed on Valentine's Day that his first tooth is coming in. It's on the bottom of his mouth. Our poor baby is a little cranky, but I am sure it is pretty uncomfortable.

Anyway, we want to thank our Aunt & Uncle for coming to visit. Also, thanks for Matthew's new books and outfit. We have such a special family. We hope to see ya'll again real soon (see I haven't lost my southern charm)!!



Matthew hanging out with his Great Uncle Rick


Matthew hanging out with his Great Aunt Janine


Poor baby was worn out! See mom-- I put a hat, mittens, and shoes on him.


Posing with our snowwoman-- Martha Sue. There's a story to the name. Ask me and I'll tell you.

1 comment:

Alison said...

AUNT JANINE AND UNCLE RICK...Gosh, I miss them terribly. I haven't seen them since the spring break Molly and I traveled out there. They are just awesome people. It warmed my heart to see them again!

Love you,
Alison