Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009...

Matthew and I celebrated Easter this year with my wonderful in-law's and sister in law, Heidi, at our home. We were sad that Uncle Billy, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Knute, and cousins Annalise & Keith couldn't make it. It also didn't feel the same without Robert, but he is in Florida (with 80 degree weather) and enjoyed going to church and relaxing at the beach. I'm sure he was heartbroken (yes, I'm being sarcastic!).

Matthew & I had such a wonderful time and ate delicious food! Grandpa makes the very best mashed potatoes!! They also spoiled Matthew rotten. He received some very special Easter treats and even got a piggy bank with money in it! Wow, Matthew is a lucky kid! Matthew also won over Autie Heidi's heart. We got him to say "Heidi." It was the cutest thing!!

Thanks so much for everything Grandma, Grandpa & Auntie Heidi! We miss you already!



Matthew and Auntie Heidi opening Matthew's Easter goodies from Grandma & Grandpa.


Eating Easter dinner with Grandma. Matthew wanted Grandma to sit by him!


Matthew ate an entire cupcake! Yummy! He definitely has the "Ledford" sweet tooth!


Matthew & Grandpa playing... Grandpa was amazed that Matthew loved playing with a cardboard box & Grandpa's tea bottle. What an imaginative child we have!


Mommy (with Matthew's assistance)made Easter cupcakes!

2 comments:

The Story of the Murphys said...

Those cupcakes look yummy!

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

Hi Karen - I happened across your blog today and realized we worked together at North Middle several years ago. You have a precious little boy!