Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day 2009!



I want to wish the most important men in my lives a very Happy Father's Day!!

I have the most incredible, patient, loving husband. God couldn't have blessed me with a better husband or father. Rob will tell you that his favorite part of the day is coming home to Matthew and I. It breaks his heart if Matthew is in bed before he gets home, but we are extremely thankful to him for working those long hours so that Matthew and I can be at home together! It brings tears to my eyes to see what a special bond Matthew & his Daddy have. When I hear the garage door opening in the evening, I tell Matthew, "Daddy's home," and he runs and opens the door that leads into the garage from the house and yells, "Daddy!" They are inseperable the rest of the night until Rob puts Matthew (and his blankie) to bed. Matthew wraps his arms around his Daddy's neck (we call this monkey hugs) and rests his head on Rob's chest. It melts my heart every time!! We love you Daddy/Rob!!!

Next, I want to wish my Daddy (Pa Pa Lavoy) a Happy Father's Day! It kills me to live so far from him. Though he might not know this, he continues to be one of my role models. He is one of the most honest, hard working, selfless people I have ever met. My sister, Molly, and I like to tell people we weren't spoiled growing up, but really we were. Our Dad worked so hard so that we could have a better life than he did. I hope he knows how much I love and adore him!! I gave Matthew the middle name "Anthony" which is a tribute to my Dad (Anthony is my dad's actual first name). My Dad has been through an awful lot in his life, but he never lets anyone feel sorry for him. I think we should all take a lesson from him and quit complaining and start living!! I love you Daddy & can't wait to see you next month! XOXO

And I cannot forget my sweetheart of a Father-in-law, Bob (Pa Pa Bob). I am so incredibly lucky to have him in my life. He immediately accepted me into his family and treats me just like one of his daughters. I am so proud of how giving he is too. It seems just about every weekend he is volunteering for something or organizing something at the VFW. Matthew and I were lucky enough to attend a Christmas Party at the VFW last year, and you could see how many people adore him. What a giving man who doesn't take the credit at all!! He is also an amazing Pa Pa. I think my favorite memory so far of him & Matthew is when Matthew fell asleep on Bob for over an hour one day at his house. It was the sweetest moment! Love you Bob & we hope to see you very soon!

I also have to remember my Grandpa Clayton and Grandpa Ledford. I, sadly, lost them at a young age, but I will be thinking of them tomorrow. They were two very special and amazing grandfathers who live on as I see some of them in my parents.

(Sorry I don't have more pictures to post. All my older pictures are on my other computer in NH.)

Happy Father's Day!!

No comments: