Friday, September 26, 2008

TAGGED!!

O.k. I guess it is only fair that I post this... I just had my third friend "tag" me to list 6 interesting things about myself. I have had such a hard time thinking of 6 things that my friends & family would like to read about me. Maybe I am just not that interesting compared to my friends. Oh well. I am going to try here...

#1-- I am doing exactly what I want to do in life & it's better than I ever imagined. I'm talking about being a stay-at-home mom. Yes, it is extremely challenging & I have my days when I am beyond stressed, but it is the best "job" I have ever had! A lot of people don't know what Robert & I have had to sacrifice to be able to have me stay at home. We have never lived beyond our means, have saved our money since we got married, etc... It has been hard, but anyone can do it. You just have to be able to live without things. I love the quote-- "the best things in life are not the things". This is how Robert & I truly feel. I can never have this time back with Matthew.

#2-- I am very particular about my house being clean. I hate having a messy or dirty home. I am probably a little compulsive about it. A lot of people say that when you have kids that you can forget about your home being clean. Well, I tend to disagree a little. It is definitely harder to keep it clean, but I have to clean something every day. I like the feeling of a clean home. It just makes me happy. On the other hand, I can walk into anyone else's home and I could care less if their home is a wreck or not. So, friends & family please don't think you have to clean up for me. I will not be doing the white glove test on your house. :)

#3-- I secretly desire to be a great cook. I know this sounds weird, but I am just not that confident in my cooking. I am a pretty good baker-- I take after my dad. He makes the very best pecan pie. Yum!! I grew up with a mom who made amazing homemade meals. We never ate crap like Chef Boyardee or frozen meals. I want Matthew to eat good healthy food like we had. I have subscribed to basically every food website, I have a subscription to an excellent cooking magazine, and I watch the Food Network to get ideas. I am currently in the process of experimenting with new recipes. Anyone who has any great(healthy) recipes, please send them my way!

#4-- I originally started a list of things that I want to accomplish by the time I'm 30, but Robert suggested I change it to 40 since I turn 30 next summer. Ha ha! I have actually accomplished some very big things already like losing a significant amount of weight (a few times- sadly!), graduating with a 4.0 GPA when I completed my Master's Degree, and having a child. I am really trying to finish the list, so I have some things to work towards. I want there to be some really challenging, meaningful things on there and some silly things too. One silly thing is that I want to go to a taping of an Oprah show & an Ellen show. I know, I am crazy, but wouldn't that be fun?!

#5-- I love to read! Well, that is when I have time. I grew up reading all the time. My sister and I were very different from most kids because we would prefer to pick a book out of a bookstore than a toy from a toy store. Our parents encouraged us to read all the time, so they always bought us lots of books. I really hope Matthew has that same desire. I actually recently joined a book club (yay!), so hopefully I can squeeze some time in for myself and read!

#6-- I am extremely close to my family. In fact, I talk to my mom & sister pretty much at least once a day (that is when my sister is not working crazy long days!). I talk to my Grammy & dad about once a week. I know that if my family lived within driving distance of our home, they would be here all the time. Who can stay away from my adorable Matthew?! Of course they would be coming to see Matthew rather than Rob or I. Ha ha! Good thing Robert loves my family and they love him. He and Molly call each other often, and I think he's become the brother she and I always wanted.


So, that's my 6 things. I hope I didn't bore you too much. Hmmm. Who should I tag?? I guess I will tag Sarah M., Kari F. & Kelly R.

No comments: