Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A HUGE Thank You...

Robert & I have always felt so blessed to have such supportive, caring, loving parents & family. Last week when an ice storm devastated NH and we lost power, Robert's parents welcomed us to stay with them. I cannot tell you how thankful I am to Ann & Bob, Heidi & Bill for all they did for us!! My fabulous in-laws, Ann & Bob took such good care of Matthew & I. During a stressful time, it's nice to have a warm, comfortable place to stay. Matthew had such a great time spending quality time with his grandparents! He even got to attend a Kid's Christmas party at the VFW where his Grandpa belongs. Matthew got to meet Santa and even got a toy. (See picture below.)

We also got to go see my sister-in-law, Heidi's, new (super-cute!)apartment. She and I got to run out and do a little shopping by ourselves & go to dinner. Thanks, Heidi, I had a lot of fun and hope to do it again soon! We are forever in debt to my wonderful brother-in-law, Bill. He drove to our house with Robert to hook up a generator so our pipes wouldn't freeze. (It's so nice to have an electrician in the family!!) He and Robert were able to go to Home Depot near my in-law's home and purchase a generator, since there was a shortage here. We ended up spending a fortune, but it's better than having our pipes burst, plus if this happens again we will be set.

Thanks so much to you all for all your help and love! We are so blessed to have you in our lives!! Please keep everyone in New England in your prayers. There are plenty of people who are still without power and others that have a lot of damage to deal with. Oh, and more snow & ice is on its way here. Thanks for your prayers!!



Thanks for my new shirt Auntie Heidi! Adorable!!


Matthew got to meet Santa. Sorry, it's not the best picture. Matthew wouldn't stop staring at Santa. At least he didn't cry!


Eating pizza with Grandma at the VFW Kid's Christmas Party.


Matthew took a nap with Grandpa! Aren't they sweet?!


Matthew & Grandpa-- Best Buddies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family is such a wonderful gift!

You guys are in our prayers!