Monday, December 29, 2008

Daddy 's 2nd Job...

No, Robert doesn't really have a second job, but Beauty School could be in his future... Matthew was in desperate need of a hair cut, and we have procrastinated on making an appointment, so Robert decided to try to cut his hair. If you didn't know, Robert actually cuts his own hair (due to some unfortunate incidences with stylists), and he does a pretty good job if you ask me.

Robert was planning on cutting his own hair last night, so we strapped Matthew into his portable booster and Robert started snipping. It took a little longer than Matthew had the patience for, but overall he did pretty well for Daddy. I was amazed at how much hair Matthew had! I could build a bird's nest with the hair that fell on our kitchen floor. Robert did a pretty good job, so maybe he will start a new business. Ha! Ha!

Robert and I were kind of sad last night after Matthew's hair was cut. With his short hair style & lean little body (with hardly any baby fat at all) he doesn't really look like a baby anymore. What do you think?? I have added some pictures below of our little man...



The "before" shot. Yes, that is some out of control hair!! I do miss the little curls in the back though.


Daddy starts snipping away... and Matthew doesn't mind too much...


...and then the clippers come out, and Matthew isn't too happy...


Our sweet baby with his new short haircut. (We had to take his onesie off since it was covered in hair!)


I think he was pretty happy that Daddy finished cutting his hair... and he loves to run around with just his diaper on!!

3 comments:

Tobey Family said...

way to cute way to go Robert! Karen where do you get your back grounds I always love them.

Anonymous said...

Robert did a great job! I wish he was here to do Luke's. Matthew keeps getting cuter!

jjblanton said...

Awe Karin! He's beautiful!