We packed our things up and left last Friday to go stay with my in-laws in Plymouth, Massachusetts. It was way too cold for us to stick it out with Matthew. It ended up taking us longer to get to their house because many roads were closed due to fallen power lines and ice covered tree limbs. I added some pictures below so you can see some of the damage caused by the ice. It was really pretty, but definitely not fun! It reminded me of the ice storm of 1993 (or was it 1994??) that hit us in Tennessee when I was a kid. Anyway, please forgive me, but I don't think I will be sending out Christmas cards this year. I feel terrible as I can't remember not sending them ever. I do promise to post a Christmas picture of Matthew on here soon. Here are some pictures from our home...
Every blade of grass was covered in ice. My father-in-law called them "grass-sicles!"
The large trees to the side of our house.
Part of our driveway. What a mess!
The road in front of our neighborhood. It's behind our house.



3 comments:
Glad to hear you guys got your power back!
So glad to hear you guys are ok! Thank goodness for family. The good thing about the blog is you could send your Christmas card through the Blog! :)
Oh my! I am so glad that you all are okay and were lucky enough to have some place to go.
Post a Comment