Robert and I decided that we wanted to give back to David's House. Thanksgiving to us truly means giving thanks for all that we have-- a beautiful family, friends, home, food, etc... We can eat turkey any day (By the way did you know the average Thanksgiving meal contains about 4,000 calories-- sorry I am such a downer!)We are most thankful this year for our precious son, and we appreciate all that David's House did for us as we spent a few weeks at Dartmouth facing a very scary time.
It was our intention to give back to David's House, but surprisingly, I received something too. I met the most amazing woman, Robin. She has been staying at David's House off and on for nearly 14 years (when David's House first opened). She chose to adopt a special needs child who has needed a lot of care at Dartmouth. Robin is one of the most amazing people I have ever had the privilege to meet. She has adopted several special needs children and is such a patient and caring mother. I helped her prepare and cook Thanksgiving dinner for the families staying at David's House. She definitely has a special place in Heaven. Robert and I feel so blessed this year and were so fortunate to be able to volunteer. Thank you David's House for all that you do!!
I have added some pictures below from our special day...
Yummy turkey cookies I made and took to David's House.
Mommy with her adorable little man.
Matthew & Daddy had a great time playing & entertaining people at David's House.
Matthew even tried to play the piano for the guests at David's House. Matthew may need a few lessons!
Mommy helped cook the Thanksgiving dinner at David's House. Yummy!



1 comment:
What a fabulous way to spend Thanksgiving! I would love to think of something like that to do for the NICU that Luke stayed in for 3 weeks.
Post a Comment