Monday, February 16, 2009

Tennessee Trip!

I am so behind in updating my blog. It has just been so crazy here with me having to go to a different doctor it seems just about every week. Anyway, Robert, Matthew & I took a trip to Tennessee to see my family several weeks ago. Robert only got to stay a few days since he had to get back to work, but Matthew & were able to stay for 2 whole weeks! It seems like a long trip, but it went by way too fast.

Matthew had so much fun playing at Granddaddy & Gramsie's house. He also loved visiting Aunt Molly & snuggling with her when he wasn't running through her apartment. He is quite the busy boy! We even had several days of 70 degree weather, so Matthew got to play outside, which is his favorite thing to do. Of course, now we are back home in chilly New Hampshire, and we are expecting more snow this evening. When will Spring be here???

Matthew turned 18 months old when we were in TN, so when we returned we took him to his 18 month appointment. He is still in the 10th percentile for weight (~ 22 1/2 pounds) and in the 50th for height. He has followed this curve since he was about 4 months old. Dr. Hurley said that Matthew was a perfectly healthy boy. We have been concerned that Matthew isn't talking as much as he should be, but when we were in TN he really started saying more words. He even said octopus-- seriously, just ask my mom. He really is growing up way too fast. Robert & I treasure every little moment we have with him. Seriously, it just keeps getting better! I have been through quite a bit with my health lately, but looking at Matthew he just keeps me smiling.

Here are a few pictures from our trip. I didn't take as many as I usually do. We were just so busy I guess! I miss you mom, dad & Molly! Thanks for a wonderful trip! I am so blessed to have such a loving, supportive family! I love you!!!



My family (minus my mom- she's taking the picture.) at Molly's apartment.


Matthew helping Granddaddy in the backyard.


Playing outside with Gramsie.


Matthew loves Gramsie & granddaddy's cats!


Matthew tried on Gramsie & Granddaddy's hats. This one was actually G.G.'s! I thought this was hilarious- he looks like a little eskimo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back! I have missed your posts!

The Story of the Murphys said...

Great pics from your trip home. Matthew looks like he had tons of fun with Grandma and Grandpa! I love GGs hat!