We had a little birthday celebration at home with just the three of us yesterday. We feel that kids at this age really don't need big parties as it can be a little overwhelming, plus we live far away from our families and good friends. I made Matthew a turtle cupcake cake, which was yummy, though it didn't turn out as perfect as I would have liked it to. It's hard when a 2 year old is hanging on your leg. Ha! We also bought him a blue car to ride around on. He absolutely LOVES it!! It will be fun to push him around the neighborhood in. Oh, and the horn honks, which he loves to push. Rob was working late the night before, so I put it together all by myself. There is something therapeutic about using a hammer and screwdriver. Ha! Ha! Don't worry, Rob checked it out, and it is assembled correctly & safely.
We also took Matthew to the doctor this morning, and he is very healthy and is still following the same height/weight curve that he has always been on. He is perfect!! He is learning more and more words every day, counts to 10 and knows part of his alphabet. It's so cute when he counts or says A-B (that's when he wants us to sing the alphabet song.). He also gives us hugs and kisses when he's in the mood. It always melts my heart because he usually does this when I am feeling sad. It's almost like he wants to comfort me.
I do want to thank my family & friends for the calls, cards & presents for Matthew. I think he had a wonderful birthday!! Though the best gift he received was the sweetest birthday poem my mom wrote for him. It made me cry, it was so beautiful. I absolutely LOVE handmade gifts or gifts from the heart. They just mean so much, so thanks Mom/Gramsie! We Love you!!
Here are some pictures of our Birthday Boy yesterday...
Mommy helping Matthew blow out the candles on his turtle cake.
Yummy- cupcakes!!!
Look who's 2!!!
Matthew's new ride! Beep! Beep! Watch out!!



No comments:
Post a Comment