Sunday, June 06, 2010

Wow! Time Sure Does Fly When You're Having Fun!

Yes, Mom, I know it has been quite some time since I have updated my blog. Notice I said "Mom," because I am pretty sure she is the only person that still checks on a regular basis to see if I have posted anything. Ha! All kidding aside, we have been pretty busy here. It's funny- we move to Florida and suddenly we have visitors just about every month. Hmmmm. No, we LOVE having our friends and family come here to visit.

Rob's sister, Heidi, came in February for a week. We had sooooo much fun! She is an incredible Aunt to Matthew. He absolutely adores her, and of course, I love having her here for some "girl" time! She has visited us several times now, and we really feel honored that she would want to spend her vacation with us! Come again soon, Heidi! Next, our friend, Mike, came to visit. He and his fabulous wife Katie (& their three adorable kids!) live in Ohio, and we miss them soooo much!!! Mike is from Pittsburgh and the Red Sox were playing the Pirates during Spring Training in Ft. Myers, so he, Rob & a friend went to the game. We also got to go the beach one day, and unfortunately for Mike, Matthew got pretty sick and projectile vomited numerous times in front of Mike. Thank God Mike is a dad to 3 kids, so he was pretty wonderful about it all. Hopefully he will want to come visit us again! :) We miss the Libbon Family!!

My sister, Molly, came to visit in April. She and I are especially close. In fact, we talk just about every day. We like to joke that we were twins born 26 months apart. Sometimes I just do not know what I would do if I didn't have her to talk to or cry to. She is an amazing amazing amazing woman!!! I LOVE you Molly!!! She is a total sun goddess ( & so am I, so no complaints here!) so we visited the pool and beach pretty much every day she was here! Oh, and we ate lots of key lime pie. Molly always has to have it when she is in Florida. I think it is because when we were kids & we went to FL for vacation our parents always ordered it. Yummy!!

Rob's parents came in May, and we took a spontaneous trip to Disney. We did the the 4day/3 night experience there so Bob & Ann got to go to every park. We packed a lot into the trip, but we had a really good time. Matthew loved having his grandparents there too! He made (poor) Grandma carry him around the Disney parks and he wanted to wear PaPa's Seabee hat the entire time. In fact, they just bought Matthew a kid's version of PaPa's hat, and Matthew won't take it off! It is just adorable!! Thanks again, Grandma & PaPa!

We already have more family/friends on our calendar to come visit us this summer, and we cannot wait! I really am going to try to update my blog more often. It has been way too long since my last post, and Matthew really is growing up way too fast! We can't believe he is going to be 3 soon! I've also registered him for a 2 day (3 hour) preschool class that starts in September! I am already emotional, and it's several months away!!

Oh, and a few more updates since my last post.... Matthew moved into his "Big Boy Bed" in March, and he looks so tiny in it. He has a full sized bed, but that just means he has extra room for his entourage of stuffed animals! Ha! We also got to take him to his first official professional baseball game. We went to see the Red Sox play during Spring Training in April. We had so much fun & Matthew cheered the Red Sox on. I probably should post pictures. We all wore our Red Sox shirts, of course! We just love baseball, and I am hoping that Matthew will want to play when he is older. Well, I guess that is enough of my rambling for now.....

Here are some pictures of our visitors (and a cute one of our sweet Matthew!)...



The sweetest little ducky ever!


Auntie Heidi came to visit & we went to Disney!


"Uncle" Mike & Matthew at the beach!


Auntie Molly came to visit next. Matthew is making another one of his "faces!"


Next, Rob's parents came to visit. Here we are outside the Nemo ride at Epcott.

No comments: