Monday, January 28, 2008

Move Over Martha Stewart!

I have dusted off my sewing machine and have attempted to make Matthew a few things. My friend Alie has inspired me to start sewing again. (Sorry if I am a copy cat, Alie!) I was born to an extremely talented and creative mother. My mom can sew, knit, rug hook, spin, weave, quilt, paint, etc... In fact, she is so talented and I am such a perfectionist that I sometimes give up on projects I start.

Anyway, I attempted to make Matthew a puppy blanket. It is similar to the popular "taggie" blankets- well, it's my creation anyway. I used a soft flannel with a puppy print for the front. I used baby blue flannel for the back and put a brown "M" on the back. I used blue, brown, and cream ribbons on the sides. I hope Matthew loves it. My next project is to make a matching burp cloth. I will post more pictures of my new creations soon. (It looks like I didn't sew the blanket straight, but it's the angle of my camera.) What do you think?









1 comment:

Foshie Family said...

Karin that is adorable!!!!!! Thank you so much for Aidan's outfit and toy. I love the outfit and he looks so cute in it.