Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Busy, Busy July!

July is going to be a busy month for our family, and it has already started out that way. I celebrated my 29th birthday a few days ago on July 7th. Yes, I am telling my age, and I have decided that this is the last birthday I will acknowledge. I am going to be 29 forever! Ha! Ha! I didn't do too much to celebrate. Robert & Matthew took me out to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant in NH. I decided not to have a cake, though that is my favorite part of celebrating my birthday. Instead I worked out on my elliptical for nearly an hour. Aren't you proud of me? I think I will just have to have an extra piece of cake on Matthew's birthday! Ha! Ha!

Anyway, we have a lot of visitors coming to visit us this month, and we are so excited. On Sunday, we are going to attend Matthew's friend, Anthony's, baptism. He is such a precious baby boy and we are honored to share in this special event. The following day we are going to pick up my sister, Molly, from the airport. She will be visiting for almost a week, and we cannot wait. Next, we are expecting my Uncle John to visit around the 22nd for a few days. He came up to visit us last year, and the day he came I unexpectedly went into labor with Matthew. It was such a blessing to have him here and praying for us as we went through Matthew being life flighted to Dartmouth. He is a priest, and I truly believe in the power of prayer! Next, my parents will be here on the 28th for an entire week! It is extremely hard living so far from my parents. They are amazing parents and fabulous grandparents!! I am so happy that they will be here to help us celebrate Matthew's first birthday. I cannot believe it has been nearly a year. I am going to be so emotional!!

We will be having a birthday party for Matthew at our house on Saturday, August 2nd so that Robert's family will be able to attend. We hope it isn't too hot. Well, that is the latest with our family. Look for new updates and pictures soon. Here are a few pictures of Rob & I with our favorite little almost-birthday boy...









2 comments:

Foshie Family said...

He is such a big boy. You look great! Let me tell you I will never forget the crying I did when Madison turned one. I was an emotional wreck. I wrote her a letter in a card and I am so glad that I did that. Just an idea for Matthew. Enjoy every minute of your busy July!!!! Oh and Happy Birthday! I am just 5 months away from leaving the 20's, yikes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You look great!

Enjoy your family visits this month!