Sunday, April 20, 2008

5 Years And Counting...

Robert and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend. Robert is an incredible father, and I enjoy seeing Matthew with his daddy. They have such a special bond, and I couldn't ask for a better role model for Matthew. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who has worked so hard to help me achieve what I have always wanted to do-- be a stay at home mother. Believe me, I cherish every moment I have with my family. I am a very lucky woman!

We spent Saturday morning together as a family. We went to the park in Peterborough where we took Matthew to swing and Robert even took Matthew down the slide. Then we went for a walk to downtown Peterborough where they were having a "Green" festival. Matthew was pretty tired, so he took a nap during our walk. The weather was around 80 degrees here, believe it or not!

Later that afternoon Robert's parents came to watch Matthew while we went out to dinner alone. Matthew slept the entire time we were gone, though it was only about an hour. I admit that I am pretty attached to Matthew and have a hard time leaving him for very long. At least grandma & grandpa said it was the easiest babysitting job they had ever had! We all went out for icecream at Kimball's when we got back from dinner. I had a tummy ache since I decided to splurge. Thanks again grandma & grandpa for coming to visit and for Matthew's adorable new outfits and toy cell phone. (He is practicing calling his Grandma Ann, Grandma Jamie, and G.G.)

Swinging with daddy!

Swinging with mommy!

Wow! This looks like fun!

Matthew is ready to go down the slide for the first time!

Matthew found his thumb on the way home from our day at the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 5th anniversary!!! What a special time in your lives. Matthew is so lucky to have such wonderful and caring parents that will not only be able to teach him, but show him as well what a good relationship should be like. Richard and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in January right after bringing Luke home from the NICU.

Luke will be 4 months in the next few weeks and I haven't left him with anyone (except Daddy) yet. So I think you are doing a great job with an hour! I understand the attachment! You will do longer when you are ready. In my opinion, there is no rush!

I love the pictures of Matthew. He is so adorable! The one of him sucking his thumb is precious!

Tobey Family said...

So glad to hear that you guys had a great day as a family.
let me tell you, you are the blogger queen, music, ads, and so much more. I need pointers and I have been doing this for years. When you get back I need Blogger 101 from Karen Graser.
Best to you all hope you have a great trip.
Tab, Selim and Ally